Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Thursday before Memorial Day, I (Abby) got a call from my mom saying she and my Aunt Pam were looking for plane tickets to fly me home for the weekend. My mom knew Paul had to work at Lowe's all weekend and I didn't have any plans so would obviously prefer to be at home seeing family. Thursday afternoon I got a call at work that my Aunt Pam found a direct flight into Des Moines for a reasonable price and my mom and dad were planning to get the ticket for me to come home! I was thrilled and it was a weekend I'll never forget! What a blessing! Thanks so much, Mom and Dad...and to you too, Aunt Pam, for finding it!
Here are some pictures from the weekend. I got to babysit my niece, Leah, a good portion of the weekend because Nick and Erica were in the process of moving out of their house. I enjoyed every second of it!
Leah showing off her shades

My mom, Erica, Leah, and I met my aunt Pam, cousin Melissa and her son, Kaden for lunch.
Pictured here is Melissa, Abby, Erica, Leah, and Kaden.

I think this will be the next Gerber Baby icon...too cute!

Eating rice cereal. I think she had to get hosed down afterward!

Aunt Abby had a hard time saying good-bye to Leah! They had such a good time together!

No comments: