Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall Fun!

Today Abby went to the Littleton 14th Annual Harvest Festival and Pumpkin Sale. The neighbor girls invited her to come. They had a fun day taking part in wagon rides, drinking hot apple cider, walking through a pumpkin patch, and enjoying other fun festivities like jumping rope, learning how to make apple cider, and even trying to walk on stilts! When walking through the pumpkin patch, they all agreed that they missed their cheaper pumpkins they were able to purchase back in the Midwest. They decided to wait and save some money by picking up a pumpkin to carve at the nearest money saving Wal-Mart!

Stacy and Abby....Notice the lovely pig being roasted in the background? The girls weren't so sure what to think of that!

Abby's first attempt at walking on stilts


Oh, She made it up...with the help of two!

That lasted long! Guess she won't be joining the circus soon!

Demonstration on how apple cider is made. The press is in back ready to smash a bucket full of cut up apples to make some juice!

5 comments:

mglew said...

Looks like a fun day, Abby! Wish we could have been there with you! I'm surprised you got on stilts with your pogo stick experiences! At least the ground was softer than cement!
Miss you and love you!
Mom and Dad :--)

Unknown said...

Hi Paul and Abby,

I had fun looking at all your pictures!! i am thankful that you take the time to update this blog. I feel like I know what is going on at least a little bit with you guys by reading all your messages and seeing your pictures. That is great that you have been making some close friends. Very important when you are away from your families. What beautiful sunset and rainbow pictures. Colorado really is a very scenic state:) Miss you tons, Love, Kristy

Lea said...

Paul and Abby -

I agree with Kristy's statement, thanks for updating your blog!! I miss you guys too!

Are you guys pumped that the Rockies are going to the World Series? WOO HOO

Love
Lea

Lynelle said...

Yay for Fall festivals! They're my favorite. I'm enjoying your blog!

Unknown said...

I am so glad I went back to look at your blog at what I all missed. Stilts... way to go Abs!!!!! Awesome!!! I think if you would have activated the glut max a little bit more it might have been a little more successful!! OH PT!!! love ya both!